Indigo plugin to control the Aviosys IP9258 IP power switch
The AVIOSYS IP9258 is a 4 outlet power distribution switch that allows individual outlets to be switched on & off remotely via a wired Ethernet connection. This plugin extends the Perceptive Automation Indigo Mac home automation application to support the IP9258 and allow each outlet to be configured and controlled as a separate device. Models supporting UK, European & US power outlets are available.
I’ve used these to replace X10 appliance modules where a number of devices need to be controlled within a small area (e.g. behind the TV) or where the devices being switched require a higher degree of reliability than can be achieved using X10.
- Download the plugin bundle to the Mac running Indigo & unzip it if necessary
- Double-click on the IP9258.indigoPlugin file: Indigo will ask if you would like to install it
- The plugin’s configuration screen will pop up. Just hit Save to carry on.
1. From within the Indigo Devices list, click “New” and create a device representing the first power outlet. In the example below, a hi-fi amplifier is connected to this outlet.
2. Click on the “Edit Device Settings” button to display the detailed configuration screen
The details are reasonably self-explanatory:
- IP address: IP address of the PDU. “192.168.1.100” is the default value
- Username: username used to log into the PDU. “admin” is the default value
- Password: password used to log into the PDU. “12345678” is the default value
- PDU outlet: the outlet you wish to control (1 - 4)
3. Enter the details relating to your IP9258 configuration & press “Save” once complete.
4. Repeat for as many devices as required.
An outlet device will support the following operations:
- Turn on
- Turn off
- Get status
Indigo V5 is required.
- V1.0 - 28 October 2012 Initial release
- V1.1 - 4 November 2012 Added code to maintain connection to improve performance